Project Management Training Course Information
Duration: 1 Day 9am – 4:30pm Price: $530
|June 2021||July 2021||August 2021||September 2021||October 2021||November 2021||December 2021|
|Project Management Essentials||1 Day Course||–||26 July||–||10 September||–||19 November|
Target Audience & Purpose
This course will benefit anyone who manages or coordinates projects in the workplace and beyond.
This workshop will give you an overview of the entire project management process, as well as key project management tools, developed from large-scale projects, that you can apply to projects of any size.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Morning & afternoon tea
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define projects, project management and project managers
- Identify the importance of the PMBOK and PMI
- Identify the five process groups and nine knowledge areas
- Describe the triple constraint model
- Perform a project needs assessment
- Create key project scoping and planning documents
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Use planning tools including the Gantt chart, network diagram and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including status meetings and successful project close.
Project Management Training Course Content
Key project management concepts
In this module we define project and project management, and clarify the role of project managers. We introduce the phases of a project life cycle, and the key knowledge areas that are crucial to the project management process.
Initiation is where the project starts to take shape. The project team creates a plan to accomplish the objectives with the time and budget available. In this module we also look at key project documentation arising out of the initiation phase.
The planning phase
It’s time to plan the nuts and bolts of your project. In this module you’ll learn how to create a work breakdown structure, use tools such as Gantt Charts and Network Diagrams, and apply strategies such as managing expectations, contingency planning, risk identification and communication planning.
Implementation and monitoring
It’s now time to get to work and put your plans into action. Establishing a baseline and monitoring progress are key aspects of this stage. Ensuring accurate reporting, as well as troubleshooting problems and issues as they arise, will enable a successful project completion.
Closing the project
You’ve reached the point where all the tasks in your project plan have been checked off: the widget is built, the advertisements are on TV, and boxes are being shipped to customers. Before you consider the project complete, however, there are a few more things to be done to finish off and to learn from the experience.
Roving one-on-one trainer
Microsoft Office Courses
- Windows 10 Training
- Computer Fundamentals Course
- Microsoft Access Training
- Microsoft Excel Training
- Microsoft Office Training Schedule
- Microsoft Office Upgrade Training
- Microsoft OneNote Training
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft PowerPoint Training
- Microsoft Project Training
- Microsoft Publisher Training
- Microsoft Visio Training
- Microsoft Word Training
Microsoft Training & Certification
Desktop – Non Microsoft Courses
Professional Development Courses
- Business Etiquette Training
- Change Management Training
- Creative Problem Solving Training
- Customer Service Training
- Effective Business Writing Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Leadership and Influence Training
- Management Fundamentals Training
- Negotiation Skills Training
- Presentation Skills Training – Presenting with Confidence
- Project Management Training
- Time Management Training