The rapid pace of business change and day-to-day work habits is fantastic. It has freed up people to enjoy a healthier work-life balance, improved business innovation and offered a better experience for the customer. However, as these businesses evolve their core services, they can sometimes forget to bring their business applications and operating systems with them. This imbalance can cause stagnations and damaged profit margins.
By choosing to have cloud based Modern Workplace installed, you can enjoy a suite of modern applications that will truly revolutionise the way you and your team work. Forrest Training can show you how to get the most out of Microsoft Modern Workplace. Once our Microsoft Modern Workplace training is completed you can enjoy all the benefits of this all-encompassing suite of modern applications like streamlined business operations and more empowered employees.
What Is The Microsoft Modern Workplace?
The Microsoft Modern Workplace and Office 365 is a more holistic cloud service that is made up of a range of cloud apps that improve project management, employee engagement and create a truly modern workspace. You can see which cloud apps make up the Microsoft Modern Workplace, below.
The goal of the Modern Workplace is to align people, process and technology to improve the way a business operates on a daily basis. Picture a world where your workforce is empowered to use Office 365 and Modern Workplace in a way that suits them. Think about the benefits to them, the work they produce and the increased employee productivity for your business when they feel empowered to create their own ways of working. In addition, the implementation of a Microsoft Modern Workplace will make you a far more attractive company to work for if you can offer things like flexi-time, remote working and the ability to access things on mobile devices.
When it comes to hiring, you’re able to cast your recruiting net far and wide because you know you’ve got the IT architecture in place to facilitate a truly modern workspace. One that can handle people being in different time zones, operating on multiple devices and the cybersecurity issues that come with it.
Speaking of cybersecurity, the reluctance to implement these cloud-based products is down to misconceptions about cyber threat protection and security management. However, more than 60% of cybersecurity experts believe that the risk of a security breach is the same, or lower, on public cloud-based environments compared to traditional on-premise sites.
So, if security is your biggest issue then have no fear, cloud-based technology like this is just as, if not more, secure and shouldn’t stop you from onboarding more immersive technology and revolutionising your ways of working. In fact, Gartner named Microsoft Security a leader in its five Magic Quadrants which should give you even more confidence in this technology. In addition, our team here at Everything Tech will install everything to the highest possible standard and ensure it is secure and everyone is trained.
What Are The Microsoft Modern Workplace Products?
The Microsoft Modern Workplace Solutions comprises several different apps all framed within a cloud infrastructure. What this means is that all these apps and your business’ associated accounts can be accessed on any device/operating system that has an internet connection.
- Microsoft Office 365 – This includes your Microsoft Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel et al) and Exchange which is the email service Microsoft created
- Microsoft Business Voice – This is a Cloud-based VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) that works alongside Office 365 and gives you the ability to make, receive and transfer calls to and from landlines and mobile phones.
- Enterprise Mobility + Security – A service that helps members of your business to work in new and flexible ways. It is an intelligent mobility management and security platform.
- Apps such as Microsoft Teams, Power Automate and Power BI – Teams allows workplaces to stay connected while working remotely. Power Automate helps you create automated workflows between apps to sync files, allow notifications and collect data. Power BI looks to help users discover business insights using advanced analytics and displaying it in a way that is easy to interpret.
- Sharepoint – A collaborative and trusted platform that works alongside Office. It can help businesses ensure documents are being stored correctly and that they can be accessed by their teams.
- Azure – Great for building, testing and deploying an application. Azure is a cloud computing service that is managed by Microsoft’s dedicated data centres.