Management Fundamentals Training Course Information
Duration: 1 Day 9am – 4:30pm Price: $530
|1 Day Course
|Call for group requirement
Target Audience & Purpose
This course will benefit anyone who is new to management or who would like to refresh their existing managerial skills.
This one-day course introduces new managers to the key abilities required for good management. Managers are responsible for monitoring and improving staff performance, motivating staff to reach individual, team and organisational goals, and leading staff through times of change and uncertainty. A good manager is a mentor, coach and role model; someone with high self-awareness and an understanding and appreciation of the differences in others in order to bring out the best in individuals and teams.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Morning & afternoon tea
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define key characteristics of effective managers and leaders.
- Clarify a vision for your team.
- Manage the performance of others through constructive feedback.
- Motivate and develop others through mentoring and coaching.
- Delegate effectively to others.
- Manage competing and conflicting demands.
- Use project management principles to manage your time.
- Lead others through periods of change.
- Improve your relationships with others.
- Take steps to prevent and deal with conflict effectively.
- Identify actions to create a high-performing team.
Management Fundamentals Training Course Content
In this module we consider the characteristics of effective managers and leaders, and the importance of setting a clear direction for your team.
In this module we look at giving constructive feedback, as well as mentoring and coaching, to develop and manage performance.
Managing Competing and Conflicting Demands
Effective managers must manage their time effectively, so in this module we focus on the key skills of prioritising workload, setting SMART goals and using project management principles to ensure you achieve your targets.
Clear, concise communication is fundamental to managing conflict effectively. In this module we look at active and empathic listening, assertive behaviour and your emotional intelligence, to relate better to others as well as to prevent and deal with conflict.
Organisations must constantly be open to change in order to remain competitive. In this module we consider how to encourage your team to adopt a positive attitude to change, and how to manage your team through times of flux and uncertainty.
Creating a High-Performing Team
Organisations need high-performing teams to drive innovation and increase productivity. In this module we look at the stages of team development and strategies for improving team performance.
Roving one-on-one trainer
Microsoft Office Courses
- Windows 10 Training
- Computer Fundamentals Course
- Microsoft Access Training
- Microsoft Excel Training
- Microsoft Office Training Schedule
- Microsoft Office Upgrade Training
- Microsoft OneNote Training
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft PowerPoint Training
- Microsoft Project Training
- Microsoft Sharepoint Training
- Microsoft Publisher Training
- Microsoft Visio Training
- Microsoft Word Training
Microsoft Training & Certification
Desktop – Non Microsoft Courses
Professional Development Courses
- Business Etiquette Training
- Change Management Training
- Creative Problem Solving Training
- Customer Service Training
- Effective Business Writing Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Leadership and Influence Training
- Management Fundamentals Training
- Negotiation Skills Training
- Presentation Skills Training – Presenting with Confidence
- Project Management Training
- Time Management Training