Creative Problem Solving Training – Course Information
Duration: 1 Day 9am – 4:30pm Price: $530
|Creative Problem Solving
|1 Day Course
|Call for group requirement
Target Audience & Purpose
This course will help anyone who would like to approach problem-solving in a more creative way.
In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small. This workshop gives participants an overview of the entire creative problem-solving process, as well as key problem-solving tools that can be used every day.
- Comprehensive learning materials incl. exercise files
- Post course telephone support
- ‘Certificate of Attendance’
on completion of course
- Morning & afternoon tea
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Apply a creative problem-solving process to solving problems
- Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
- Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
- Identify and use four different problem definition tools
- Use basic brainstorming tools to generate solutions
- Evaluate potential solutions against criteria and perform a final analysis to select a solution
- Understand how to identify tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
- Implement solutions and continue to identify improvements.
Creative Problem Solving Training – Course Content
The problem-solving method
We begin by defining “problem” and other situations that lend themselves to the creative problem-solving process.
Next we explore different types of information, key questions and different methods used to gather information.
Here we explore why problem solvers need to clearly define the problem. We also introduce several tools to use when defining a problem and writing a problem statement.
Preparing for brainstorming
This module introduces techniques for dealing with common mental blocks to brainstorming, and ideas for stimulating creativity.
We explore several idea-generating techniques: free-association style brainstorming, brainwriting, mind mapping and Duncker Diagrams.
In this module we look at criteria for solving the problem, as well as distinguishing between wants and needs. We also introduce the cost/benefit analysis as a method of analysing solutions.
Selecting a solution
Here we discuss that final analysis, as well as the Paired Comparison Analysis tool for selecting a solution.
Planning your next steps
This module looks at identifying tasks and resources, re-evaluating the solution and adapting it as necessary.
Recording lessons learnt
Once you have solved the problem successfully, apply what you have learnt to make solving future problems easier.
Roving one-on-one trainer
Microsoft Office Courses
- Windows 10 Training
- Computer Fundamentals Course
- Microsoft Access Training
- Microsoft Excel Training
- Microsoft Office Training Schedule
- Microsoft Office Upgrade Training
- Microsoft OneNote Training
- Microsoft Outlook Training
- Microsoft PowerPoint Training
- Microsoft Project Training
- Microsoft Sharepoint Training
- Microsoft Publisher Training
- Microsoft Visio Training
- Microsoft Word Training
Microsoft Training & Certification
Desktop – Non Microsoft Courses
Professional Development Courses
- Business Etiquette Training
- Change Management Training
- Creative Problem Solving Training
- Customer Service Training
- Effective Business Writing Training
- Effective Communication Skills Training
- Leadership and Influence Training
- Management Fundamentals Training
- Negotiation Skills Training
- Presentation Skills Training – Presenting with Confidence
- Project Management Training
- Time Management Training